WE OFFER PRACTICAL CORPORATE AND GROUP TRAINING THAT WILL HELP YOUR TEAM DEVELOP LEADERSHIP SKILLS, BUILD RELATIONSHIPS AND RESOLVE CONFLICTS.
We have developed courses for multinational corporations and small companies, public and private companies, law firms and non-profit organizations. Our courses are adapted to the needs of each company through a series of activities before, during and after the delivery of the course. The goal is always to improve the negotiation, conflict prevention, management and resolution skills of each participant, in order to make the organizations more productive in all departments.
We work collaboratively with you to develop customized training that meets your unique needs. Our training consultants would be happy to discuss your individual requirements and design programs that successfully address your needs.
- Analysis of the company’s practices, and possible problems, through interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders.
- Micro and macro planning of the course agenda.
- Gathering of evidence and of the company’s best/worst case studies, in order to facilitate the sharing of experience inside the company.
- For large corporations, the creation of a pilot edition to confirm the micro planning.
- Implementation of training sessions in all of the company’s departments, with groups composed of personnel from different divisions.
- Follow-up and advanced courses held 4 – 6 months after the first edition, in order to verify the results and improve negotiation techniques.
- Creation of a common language and culture on negotiations for all of the company’s divisions.
- Creation of instruments for the measurement of results.
SUPPORTING THE BUSINESS TEAM
Sometimes negotiations which are very important for the development of a company are left to the improvisation of the parties at the negotiation table. Most of the time company’s representatives and advisers consider only the technical and legal aspects without planning for a careful negotiation strategy. We work alongside the business team and the legal and technical consultants in long and complex negotiations such as:
- Definition of long-term commercial agreements
- Establishment of international joint ventures
- Definitions of strategic alliances
- Loans with banks or investment funds
- Renegotiation of existing, signed contracts
- Buying and selling companies and company shares
- Sale of real estate
SOME OF THE MODULES
This intensive one-day program illustrates the differences between positional and interest-based bargaining. Equally suitable for lawyers, clients or business persons, the course highlights the tensions in negotiation and stresses the skills that foster problem-solving approaches while assuring viable negotiated outcomes.
ADR Drafting and Counseling – Master Drafting Program
This is a 3-hour program is targeted to the needs of those who must draft or interpret dispute resolution clauses. Actual multi-step clauses used by over 20 leading corporations and model clauses developed by FICM provide the foundation for this intensive how-to primer on this critical aspect of the ADR practice.
Conflict Management – Strategic Considerations in Mediation and Arbitration
This 1.5 hour program provides an overview of various dispute resolution alternatives and the choices inherent in each.
Secrets of Commercial ADR
This is a two and a half hour interactive workshop contrasting arbitration and mediation of the same matter and highlighting key practice aspects of commercial ADR, including:
- pre-dispute contract clauses,
- selection of neutrals,
- use of evaluation in mediation.
FICM has teamed with the best trainers in the Arbitration Domain to bring to you a new and exciting training opportunity for FICM’s corporate members.
The program, which will be customized to meet the needs, experience and availability of each internal legal department, will be presented by Fellows of the Institution at the corporate member’s headquarters or other desired locations.
Topics can include:
- The Role of Corporate Counsel in Commercial Arbitration
- Working with Outside Counsel to Control Commercial Arbitration Costs Without Sacrificing Results
- Modifying the Arbitration Agreement to Make Commercial Arbitration Faster and Less Expensive
Mediation – Advanced Mediator Training
This one-day program focuses on developing particular skills that enhance problem-solving, address positional bargaining over money, and overcome impasse in mediation. It is available to those who have completed FICM’s two-day Mediator Techniques and Practices Program. A ratio of 12 mediators to one trainer is required for this intensive workshop.
Effective Mediation Representation for Counsel & Parties
This intensive one-day program is for experienced ADR practitioners and clients. This course focuses on the keys to effective mediation representation with particular emphasis on client preparation and effective strategies before and during mediation.
Effective Mediation with Unwilling Parties
This 2 hour program focuses on techniques and strategies for getting unwilling parties into mediation and reaching a negotiated result even though it is the last thing they want to do.
In-House Mediator Training
This program, which is equivalent to Mediator Techniques and Practices, is offered to companies wishing to train personnel to perform in-house mediation roles in areas such as consumer and employment disputes. Such programs are conducted on site for ease of personnel and to conserve travel expenses. A ratio of 12 potential mediators to one trainer is maintained in this intensive workshop.
Individual Mediator Techniques & Practices
This two-day program, offered in conjunction with FICM’s Annual Meetings, prepares lawyers to act as effective mediators. This course delineates the range of skills required of successful mediators, offers proven practical techniques, addresses ethics issues and considers innovative ways to overcome impasse.
Structuring Negotiation Strategy in Mediation
The heart of mediation is the negotiation dynamic between the opposing parties and counsel that is facilitated by the mediator. This program offers a bird’s eye view of distributive and collaborative negotiation techniques and offers participants an opportunity to apply these strategies in a negotiation of a business dispute. Discussion will follow on how the presence of a mediator changes the negotiating dynamic.