Advocate / Practicing Lawyer September 2018 to date
- Practicing Lawyer – Before the Allahabad High Court & National Company Law Tribunal-Allahabad Bench.
- Legal Consultant / Advisory
- Advising M/s. Bajaj Group on all legal & corporate issues before the Allahabad High Court and Tribunals and Statutory Institutions & Authorities and representing this Group before all Judicial Institutions & Authorities, Tribunals as Group General Counsel. The Group consists of Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar Ltd., Lalitpur Power Generation Co Ltd., Bajaj Energy Ltd., Bajaj Resources Ltd., Bajaj Corp Ltd., Bajaj Energy Ltd, Phynil Sugars Ltd.
Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar Limited, July 2004 – August 2018
(formerly Bajaj Hindusthan Ltd.)
(A Bajaj Group Company)
NOIDA / Allahabad
Senior Vice – President – Corporate & Legal
- Was responsible for the legal management and support to the business team of all the Bajaj Group Companies which includes Bajaj Resources Ltd, Phenil Sugars Ltd., Lalitpur Power Generation Co. Ltd., Bajaj Power Generation Co. (P). Ltd., Bajaj Corp Ltd., Bajaj Resources Ltd., and representing the Bajaj Group before all Judicial Institutions / Authorities / Statutory Bodies / Forums.
- Coordinated with all the units on legal management & corporate functions.
- Coordinated with consultants and lawyers and attended to all legal issues.
- Acting as the liaison between the company and Government officials.
- Assisting in providing advisory & research oriented services to the Organisation and its Group Companies, furnishing legal opinions on various subjects related to business and its operations.
- Ensuring legal due diligence and conducting research on various matters involving diverse provisions of law.
Consulting Engineering Services (India) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi Jan 2004 – July 2004
Manager (Finance) and Company Secretary (Officiating)
- Managed all routine corporate, legal, taxation, commercial, compliances and secretarial issues.
Wheeler Group of Companies, Allahabad/Delhi/Gurgaon Aug 1994 – Dec 2003
Company Secretary and Manager
- Company Secretary for Wheeler Leather Corporation Ltd., Acting as the Company Secretary for the group as a whole, including M/s. A.H. Wheeler & Co. Ltd., with responsibility for all Secretarial, Commercial, Compliance and Legal affairs and dealing with banks and other financial institutions including the Reserve Bank of India, Registrar of Companies, Company Law Board, Department of Company Affairs, Foreign Trade Office (DGFT), Customs and Central Excise Departments and the Income Tax Department.
Practicing Lawyer, Allahabad Feb 1992 – July 1994 Advocate
Specialized in Corporate Law and Taxation
- Since 1988 onwards while pursuing for my Law Degree (LLB), I was also assisting a Senior Income Tax Practitioner in Income Tax proceedings and was subsequently registered as an authorised Income Tax Practitioner (ITP) in August 1990 in the Office of the Commissioner of Income Tax, Allahabad.